20060818

what is it you see?


i am always amazed at the people who claim to know something, or about someone, just by looking at them or it. most of my life i have had people "look" at me and make some very wrong conclusions.

when i was younger, the conclusions centered around my weight, and how lazy i must have been because i was over weight.

when i was in seminary, i "looked" the part of the most part and everything was cool - people had no problem with me - i looked like i fit the picture of a pastor.

soon after, as i became more aware of me as a person, the conclusions centered around my shave head, my earrings, my tats - many people look at me and ask if i ride a motorcycle - because "you look like a biker" - people look, and without thinking, or worse yet - with thinking - spout some very ignorant stuff.

the thing that truly hurts the most is that most of the judgments i have heard in my life come from people who profess christ as their "lord and savior." most of the people who judged me in my life are people who profess to be "christian." the people [the christians] who hurt me the most, are people who should not be hurting me at all.

interestingly enough, many of the people who do not go to church and are not "followers" [as they define it] have been the most open and accepting people i have met. why? why are christians so judgmetal and so closed, when they should be the most open.

in his letter to titus, paul says "everything is clean to the clean-minded; nothing is clean to the dirty-minded unbeliever. they leave their dirty fingerprints on every thought and act. they say they know God, but their actions speak louder than their words. they're real creeps, disobedient good-for-nothings." - so, what do you see? let me know, and i will tell you later :)



tags: , , , , ,




9 comments:

Jeffrey said...

crap, i must have a dirty mind...i saw a sideways butt. dang. ;-)

spamthewunderdog said...

It looks like the side of your mouth with a juice harp in the center playing a little ole bluegrass ditty with the boys...

Unknown said...

I think it's some kind of fish or plant. it looks a little blue-green around the edge of the picture. would be an odd colour for a person really.

writing_here said...

Did someone put her/his hand too close to the camera?

illgottengoods said...

it looks to me like jon wants people to assume it's a butt when really it's hand or something. in other words, it looks like a set up. maybe jon is the kind of dude that likes setting people up to think one thing just so he can turn around and say that they're dirty-minded for thinking it. maybe that makes him feel high minded. seems juvenille to me.

spamthewunderdog said...

I don't really care if it's juvenile...it still looks funny, and I can let a guy slide if he wants to make a point, until he makes the point...Why can't you?

illgottengoods said...

hey spamdog, thnx for letting ME make a point. nice to know how far your generosity goes

john o'keefe said...

illgottengoods:

i think the difference between what you said and what "spam" said is that spam was not truying to insult you, and you insulted me. i hope you can see the difference?

spamthewunderdog said...

Thanks Johnny boy...by the way just for the record...I was really hoping that the picture had a juiceharp in it somewhere, I luvs me some juiceharp muzak!!!