20050624

a "personal" creed

as a follower of jesus i seek to walk...

in love; where the power of love changes my heart and the hearts of everyone i touch. in the power of love as to place my life below the lives of others, and be willing to give my life for the life of another.

in forgiveness; in the knowledge that if i do not forgive, i will not be forgiven. in the joy, peace, freedom and blessings of forgiving those who have done me wrong, and have harmed me. in praying blessings upon them, and wishing for them only the best this life, and eternal life, has to offer.

in change; knowing that the spirit of God changes me from who i am to who God desires, and that change is inward and not outward. in feeling that i can be more and more like christ each and every day of my life and that i can truly be different then the world around me. in changing my walk to be a walk of positive effect on the world and to help others in their walk as well. to rid my life or harmful and negative emotions that destroy relationships with others and my relationship with God.

in grace; in the pure, love, freedom, power and reaching of grace and not in the bindings of law. i trust in the guidance of the spirit and seek God as that guide. i seek to know how to act with others in kindness and with an up-lifted heart and a positive look at everyone. i seek to judge no one, but to love others as christ love me. i desire to be a "exampler" of my faith in grace and not a "teller" of how to live in law.

in service; where i am willing to place the needs of others over my needs, with a open and authentic heart. where i will be willing to be the servant and serve others with a glad heart and a loving mind. in knowing that all who follow jesus are servants and all are equal. where i am willing to go outside my comfort zone, and into the crap of the world to serve others.

in sharing; knowing that all i have, can be shared with others. that i hold nothing back from those in need because of a selfish motive on my part. where, as a community of faith, we share our food, lives, hearts, shelter, and all we have with those in need.

in justice: in all forms, as part of our life and walk. i seek economic, civil, cultural, environmental, and governmental justice for all people. i seek to work for the equal rights of all people [all people] and to seek changes in our world to embrace differences. to see people from the inside, and not judge people from the outside. i do all this in peaceful ways and never cause harm to person to seek justice for another.


Matthew 3:8-10, 6:25, 6:33, 8:4, 23:9; Mark 1:5; Luke 6:37-38; John 6:27-43, 15:13; Acts 17:30; 1 Corinthians 5:7, 15:52; 2 Corinthians 3:15, 7:11, 13:2; Ephesians 4:31; Colossians 3:8; James 1:21; 1 Peter 2:1; 2 Peter 3:9; 2 Thessalonians 1:3; Romans 5:20-22, 6:3-5, 12:1-3; 2 Timothy 4:1

No comments: